Here are the reasons why Vizio TV is not connecting to WiFi:
- WiFi router is not placed in a central location.
- WiFi router firmware is not updated.
- Disruption of other devices like Microwave.
- Old TV and Router Models.
- WiFi Signals are weak.
- Too many obstacles between a Wi-Fi router, such as walls, cupboards, shelves, etc.
We are blessed to be born in the 21st century where technology has given us comfort and ease.
Technological improvements have replaced the old ones and swapped them with new ones.
“As of 2020, Vizio was the second largest seller of flat-panel televisions in the US.“Wikipedia
While some of the technologies are still there with many improvements that no one would have expected in the past.
Television is one of the technologies that has improved over the years.
From black and white televisions to colored ones and bulky chubby screens to thin and sleek screens have been the prominent ones.
While there are plenty of others such as transforming ordinary televisions into smart ones and more connectivity options apart from cables and wires.
The latest televisions have Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, allowing users to connect devices and stay online.
But when you try to connect your television to the Wi-Fi, you may be unable to do so.
The reason is you may not be fully aware of settings and other options given in different brands of televisions.
In today’s post, we will discuss how to connect Vizio TV to WiFi and some issues regarding WiFi connectivity.
So, let’s see why won’t your Vizio TV connect to wifi and how you can connect it.
Why Vizio TV won’t Connect to WiFi?
Vizio is a popular television brand among Americans because of its affordability, sound clarity, top-notch picture display, and multiple connectivities.
Nowadays, almost all televisions allow users to connect to WiFi and watch their favorite TV series, blockbuster movies, or docuseries.
The same applies to Vizio TV which makes it easy for viewers to connect and stream instantly. However, at times, you won’t be able to connect Vizio TV to a WiFi network.
If you cannot connect Vizio TV to WiFi, here are some of the reasons.
You are not alone if you cannot connect Vizio TV to WiFi; there could be many possible reasons. One of them is weak WiFi signals, which can be due to several reasons such as;
- Your WiFi router is not placed in a central location.
- Obstacles such as furniture, cupboards, and walls hinder WiFi signals.
- Your WiFi router is outdated.
- WiFi is placed near a microwave or similar appliances.
If you cannot connect Vizio TV to WiFi, take the necessary steps and try again.
We assume you selected the right network name (SSID) when connecting your Vizio TV to the WiFi network.
But sometimes you may enter an incorrect WiFi password. Just make sure to check the WiFi password before hitting Connect.
WiFi routers are not too expensive. You may have purchased a WiFi router several years ago. However, due to changes in internet technology, you also need to ensure that the WiFi router is not too old.
If that is so, you may consider buying a new one. WiFi routers are available anywhere between $50 to $500 or more. If you are a hardcore gamer, make sure to invest in WiFi routers specifically made for gamers.
Moreover, it is also important to update WiFi firmware whenever rolled out.
Vizio TV not connecting to WiFI is caused by interference from other devices.
The radiowaves disrupt WiFi signal transmission if you have placed your WiFi router near a cordless phone or a microwave.
Make sure to keep your WiFi router away from these devices and place it in a central location.
We discussed earlier to update your WiFi’s firmware whenever rolled out. But if you cannot connect after updating, check Vizio’s firmware as well.
Vizio fills out The updates frequently to enhance performance and remove bugs. If you don’t know how to update Vizio TV firmware, go to Menu on your TV and then click on System.
Now highlight Check for Updates and click OK from remote. It may take a few seconds, and if there are any updates, you can install it by following step-by-step instructions.
If Vizio’s TV model is too old, it may be unable to connect to the WiFi. the reason is that it is no longer compatible with WiFi standards and technology.
If the WiFi is not connecting to Vizio TV, you need to call customer support and tell them the model number.
If the TV is compatible, they may guide you on what to do next.
A high level of security protects WiFi networks. If that is the case, it will prevent other devices from connecting. You must check the settings to see whether the WiFi allows new devices to connect.
You can check this by entering the admin panel of your Wi-Fi router settings. However, if you can’t find such settings, you can directly call your internet service provider to offer assistance.
After testing and troubleshooting all the above methods, you only need to contact Vizio customer support if you cannot connect Vizio TV to WiFi.
Hopefully, customer support will provide you with the assistance needed to connect your Vizio TV to WiFi.
You have now learned why Vizio TV is not connecting to WiFi. However, the chances of your Vizio TV not connecting to WiFi are rare, especially if you have purchased a new one.
If you can’t find how to connect Vizio TV to WiFi, here’s everything you need to know.
How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi?
If you have purchased a new Vizio TV and want to connect it to WiFi, here are some steps to follow.
- Power on your Vizio TV by pushing the button on the back left side of your television. Alternatively, you can also use the remote and turn on the television by pushing the power button, which is located in the upper right corner of the remote.
- Press the Menu button on your Vizio remote, and a menu screen will appear right before your eyes.
- With the help of arrow buttons, select the network option.
- The Vizio TV will now scan for all the available networks within its vicinity under Wireless Access Points.
- Select the network you want to connect to.
- After pressing OK, a password will be asked for you to enter. Use the arrow keys to select alphabets, numbers, and special characters from the remote.
- After entering the right password, select the Connect option using the arrow keys.
That’s all. Your Vizio TV will be connected to WiFi, and you can do whatever you want to.
How to Connect Vizio TV to WiFi with Universal Remote?
Just like you can reset Vizio TV without a remote, you can also turn it ON or OFF and even connect it to WiFi without a remote.
But if you have purchased a universal remote, you can also connect Vizio TV to WiFi with it.
If you are unaware of universal remotes, they allow you to manage and control electronic devices.
They are super useful as they allow you to manage multiple devices with just one piece.
You only need to look at the list of code list that comes with the universal remote. You can find your Vizio TV code from the list and enter it when asked.
First, we will discuss pairing your remote to Vizio TV and then move further.
Here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Turn on your Vizio TV using the power button located on the control panel.
- Now, find the TV button on the universal remote and press it until the LED light on the remote starts blinking.
- Find the Vizio TV code that allows you to connect the remote to the TV. You can find the list of codes on the manual given with the universal remote.
- Enter the code with the help of a universal remote.
- After you have entered the code, press the power button for a few seconds. If you have successfully paired your Vizio TV to the remote, the TV will turn off automatically.
- Repeat the process with the given codes in the manual if the pairing is unsuccessful. One of the codes will surely pair your remote to the TV.
After pairing your universal remote to Vizio TV, you can now use it to connect to the WiFi. Here’s how to connect Vizio TV to WiFi with a Universal Remote.
- Turn on your television and check the universal remote is working perfectly.
- Press the “Menu” button on the universal remote, and once the menu screen appears, select the “Network options“.
- The television will start scanning for the available wireless networks. Make sure that your router is working and all lights are stable. Your Vizio TV will automatically display the available WiFi network.
- Select your WiFi network as soon as it appears on the screen.
- Enter the password and connect.
You have successfully connected your Vizio TV to WiFi using a universal remote.
How to Connect Vizio Smart TV to WiFi without Remote?
Using a television without a remote is a challenge, especially in today’s age when televisions are bombarded with lots of features.
You don’t need to purchase a new one if you have lost your remote or it is malfunctioning.
Here are a few simple ways to connect Vizio Smart TV to WiFi without a remote.
Connect Vizio TV to WiFi with Ethernet Cable
Whenever you are facing trouble with your WiFi at home, you may have connected your laptop or PC using an Ethernet cable. The same can be done when connecting Vizio Smart TV to WiFi without a remote.
Here’s how to connect Vizio TV to WiFi with Ethernet Cable.
- First, locate the WiFi port on your Vizio TV, possibly on the TV’s rear panel.
- After finding the port, insert one end of the ethernet cable and the other into the WiFi router.
- You have established a direct internet connection with your television. However, you should do some settings.
- Power your television and press the “Menu button” on the remote to access the menu screen.
- From the menu, choose the “home network” option and select “wired network” as a connection type.
- Now, your television is connected to the internet and can stream, browse, and download anything.
Connect Vizio TV to WiFi without Remote using SmartCast App
Vizio TV allows you to connect to WiFi through multiple methods. One of them is installing the SmartCast app for iOS and Android devices.
Here’s how to connect Vizio TV to WiFi without a remote using the SmartCast App.
- Install the “SmartCast” app on your device, whether it be iOS or Android.
- Pair your television with the help of the SmartCast app by holding your device close to the television.
- Once the pairing is finished, select “Control” from the app.
- You must select a device from the list in the upper right corner.
- After you have selected your device, you can easily use your phone as a remote to control Vizio TV.
- Go to the WiFi menu in the setting of Vizio TV, connect to the WiFi network, and enter a password.
If you want a quick solution to connect your Vizio TV to WiFi without a remote, this is one of the best techniques so far.
Moreover, pairing your Vizio TV with the SmartCast app will allow you to manage and control the television without searching for a remote.
Connect Vizio TV to WiFi without a Remote using USB Keyboard
A USB keyboard can be connected to any device with a USB port. The same applies to Vizio TV which allows you to control everything via keyboard.
It can be either a Bluetooth keyboard or via USB receiver.
Here’s how to connect Vizio TV to Wi-Fi without a remote using a USB keyboard.
- Power on your Vizio television and reset it by simultaneously pushing the “volume down” and “input buttons” for five seconds.
- After 5 seconds, the television will show you a prompt. You need to hold down the input button for another 10 seconds.
- Connect your USB keyboard to the Vizio television and set up your internet connection.
Connect Vizio TV to WiFi without a Remote using Wireless Adapter
Connecting Vizio TV to WiFi without a remote using a wireless adapter is ideal if there is no ethernet port. The wireless adapter is a device that is attached to the USB port on your television.
This will allow you to enable WiFi connectivity on your Vizio television.
Here is a complete step-by-step guide to connecting Vizio TV to WiFi without a remote using a wireless adapter.
- Attach the wireless adapter to one of the USB ports available on the Vizio television.
- After connecting, please turn on your television and wait for it to process and establish a connection.
- You will now be connected to the internet and use your Vizio TV as you like.
In this post, we have discussed some of the ways to connect Vizio TV to WiFi using Vizio remote control.
Also, we have elaborated some guidelines to connect Vizio TV to WiFi without remote control through the SmartCast App, USB keyboard, and ethernet cable. You will also find some of the reasons why Vizio TV is not connecting to WiFi.
Lastly, we have also penned down a detailed guide on how to pair the Universal remote to Vizio TV and use it to connect to WiFi.